Saturday, August 3, 2013

A very warm Sunday

Sunday, July 28, was predicted to be very hot, and it was!  We are used to such weather in the southern US, but not in the Czech Republic.  However, we were prepared.

We started our day by going to the local air-conditioned mall.  This is an ultra-modern facility with lots of shops and even a grocery store.  I admit that I am not used to stores being opened so early on Sunday, but they are here.  We did some looking around and then went to the grocery store for provisions.

We decided that we would buy some open-faced sandwiches for lunch, so later on we walked from Gabi's apartment to the local bakery.  I love the idea of nicely designed and delicious open-faced sandwiches!  We chose the ones we wanted and headed home.  Again, we decided to eat outside. 

As the afternoon began heating up, four of us--Gabi, Vera, Reginald, and I--headed to Gabi's aunt's house in the countryside, about six miles from Pilsen.  There we sat in the shade, enjoyed a fruit salad (and later coffee and walnut cake), and just talked.  There was an above-ground pool, so we cooled off in that.  All in all, a lovely evening.

We returned home to prepare for our last evening in Pilsen.  It will be sad to say good-bye, but we see Gabi again in two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment