Friday, June 28, 2013

Arrival in France--fuzzy but in one piece!

Arrived safely yesterday and in one piece, although I think a piece of my brain was missing.  With no sleep on the plane--a seat mate who liked bright light, a crying baby who never slept, and an uncomfortable seat--I arrived okay but really fuzzy.  My brain needs rest!  The transfer from the plane to the passport control to the baggage claim to the train station took less than an hour (but felt longer).  I was glad to be in fairly good condition and could walk or run while pulling suitcases and sometimes carrying them up or down escalators that did not work.  Being an escalator repair person should be a good job in France; I have yet to travel and find that they all worked. 

Reginald met me in Angers, and although I told him voiture 3, he did not meet me there.  Fortunately, chivalry is not quite dead in France, and I had help with luggage on and off the train.  We got our car, which has a GPS (I am excited!), and we are ready for adventures. 

I think we will be doing the meal planning and most of the cooking.  Mohammed is busy with the grounds, which look great by the way.  Today for lunch we had tarte aux poireaux, potato salad, two types of pate, and fruit salad--and bread of course.  Tonight, I am making an antipasta tray, a spaghetti bolognaise, and a salad, with ice cream for dessert (and bread of course).  Germaine is coming with Mariadele and Nicolas and staying two nights.  More meal planning tomorrow.

Tomorrow the market in Cholet!

No comments:

Post a Comment