The morning was spent dealing with lost luggage. Anne, the local contact for our villa,
called us to say the bags were at the post office in Cenac. We left for Cenac only to be told by
the ladies at the PO that there was no bag. They indicated that it must be with the “chronopost.” I am not sure what that is, but
eventually we went home and called them.
When the man mentioned the bags “from North Carolina” we knew we were
okay. He said they would be
delivered to the PO by noon. I
called Anne and left a message. She
came by around 11 and took Sally to Cenac to see what was going on. Before then, however, Sally had managed
to trip a fuse by using her hair dryer.
We needed Anne’s help for that too. Eventually, they returned with the bag, and we were off to
Sarlat.
The market was going on in Sarlat, but we arrived toward the
end of it. I did buy some olives
and some tapanade, and we had a crepe lunch and visited the town. Sarlat is another beautiful town in the
Perigord. After we left, we drove
to Domme, the best-known bastide in France. There was a tourist train that took people around the city,
and we hopped on that. We had some
breath-taking views of the area since Domme is set very high on a hill. I had an ice cream to cook down and we
eventually left and made our way to St Cyprien to get (of all things) ICE. However, the only ice left was a block
of ice, so we got that and some other provisions and returned home. Our dinner consisted of the tapanade,
some cold cuts, cheese, and some walnut tart for dessert. All in all, it turned out to be a
beautiful day. Did I mention that
we all ride together in an 8 passenger Mercedes van!
No comments:
Post a Comment