Friday was traveling day. We left at 9:00 headed for Limoges and then Poitiers. From there, it was supposedly a
straight shot to Cholet. However,
we encountered some construction outside Cholet that took 30 minutes to get
through. Then we hit a
detour. Eventually, we made it
back after buying some provisions for the others, who were due in around 7 or
so. Everyone arrived on time, and
we had a very nice dinner outside in the back of the house. Reginald and I decided to make merquez
and regional sausages with mogettes de Vendee, a type of white bean that is
very tasty. For dessert, we had
the tarte au prune, another specialty from here.
The room situation has been tricky since Mohammed rented out
four rooms for Saturday night.
Reginald and I took the dorm and Barbara took Cosse D’Anjou, the room
behind the dorm. Sally and Lin
took La Tourlandry, my usual room, and Beth and Joe took Bruno’s old room. I think everyone slept fairly well the
first night.
No comments:
Post a Comment