Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Murrells have arrived!

I cannot believe it is already Wednesday.  We picked up Vicki and Dan Murrell and returned for a nice lunch of salads and charcuterie.  They needed some rest after being up all night, so I finished by book, Inferno, the latest by Dan Brown.  Anyone traveling to Florence needs to read it since there are great descriptions of areas and museums in Florence.  Last night we had smoked chicken, french fries, and salad.  Before we ate, though, we had our evening visit from Gilles Secher.  It is amazing, but he can talk to anyone, including those who do not understand French.  He remembered Vicki from last year but not Dan.  Ummm.  After we ate, Slyman dropped by.  We all ended up in the kitchen with him and his friend and Mohammed.  For some reason, we got into a long discussion about snakes, including pythons and anacondas.  Well, it was late and we had had a lot of wine.  All in all, a nice day.  I did invited Slyman for dinner Thursday to help us celebrate the 4th of July.  And...Gabi will be here too.

No comments:

Post a Comment