Monday, July 22, 2013

Sunday and Monday in the hot La Giro summertime

The group left for Chinon after breakfast, but I stayed to catch up on grading.  It was HOT today, so I stayed in the front of the house for most of the day.  We had a simple lunch and a nap.  I thought about going to the pool but thought I would wait for the others.  They did not get back until about 5:00 but there was a hint of a storm, so no pool. 

I had already prepared my menu for the evening from the market--beef entrecote roast, French green beans, and potatoes baked on salt from La Guerande.  We enjoyed eating outside behind the house, but we saw no cows.  We missed seeing cows.  Funny how those critters can really get to you!

On Monday, the others left--Beth and Joe for Paris and Sally, Barbara, and Lin for an bed and breakfast south of us on their way to Bordeaux.  Reginald and I left to buy him some sandals, and we came back to pack.  It was so hot, I went to the pool to cool off.  We had a light lunch of salad, cold cuts, and cheese, and again I left for the pool.  We also did some laundry to help Mohammed catch up with the towels and sheets.

In the evening, we had drinks with Anne Marie and Gilles and said our good-byes.  I remembered the one lone truffle we brought from the Dordogne, so we had that with omelet for dinner.

We are ready to leave tomorrow for the next stage of our summer adventure--the Czech Republic.

No comments:

Post a Comment